April 17, 2007

Update on My Father's Job

So, my Dad finally hear about the Dean's position at MCTC today. Read on (to hear it from him) and then see a note from me at the bottom...

Dear family and friends,
Today I got a call from the Sr. VP of MCTC, I was informed that they selected one of the other finalists for the Dean of Workforce Development and she accepted the position. I sincerely appreciate everyone's prayers, support, and encouragement. I can truly say that I gave it my very best effort. The other finalists had current direct experience in continuing education and customized training. They said they would keep me in mind for other opportunities. I am glad that I was able to stay under the radar here in Nevada and still have my job ... we are making great progress (on most days) providing employment services to people with disabilities. Again thanks for your prayers and support ... God has a plan ... it is a long and winding road. I'm reminded of Proverbs 3:5-6 a favorite verse of mine at times like these:
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight."
God bless you all!
Mick

So, I would like to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for your support during this process. No, it's not easy to hear this news, but after not hearing anything last week, I was preparing myself for this. Keep him and my family in your prayers and may His Will be done! I don't have anything to add to what my Dad said. God bless!

No comments: