April 28, 2007

A Decision...

"Don't be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God... Having gifts differing according to the grace that was given to us... or service, let us give ourselves to service; or he who teaches, to his teaching... he who gives, let him do it with zeal... Abhor that which is evil. Cling to that which is good. In love of the brothers be tenderly affectionate one to another; in honor preferring one another; not lagging in diligence; fervent in spirit; serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope; enduring in troubles; continuing steadfastly in prayer; contributing to the needs of the saints; given to hospitality." (Rom 12:2,6 - 13)

I spent a good chunk of time this week in prayer, which is always a good thing. But this week, I was very specific in my thoughts and intentions to the Lord. I wanted to know if the Father was sending me to China for a month this summer to teach. I asked Him for a word when I was at Eucharistic Adoration, and the above passage is what I received.

The short version? I'm going!!! The above passage seemed very directed towards the desires of my heart and where the Lord is calling me. I am beyond excited! I also found out yesterday that the final cost to us volunteers is going to be a grand total of $500 for about a month. This includes our transportation (flight and travel within China), accommodations, tour fees, and our meals. More details to come soon. I can NOT believe that I'm going to teach English in China for a month. The program we're working with is connected to Concordia Language Villages, so it's a pretty prestigious / well-established deal. That brings my travel tally to an all time high = FIVE other countries over the summer (plus, I was just in Mexico). The Lord is ever loving!

2 comments:

Anne said...

Praise God!!

Miss Mary Virginia said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to hear all about it!! (And see pictures!!)