March 18, 2007

Reflections on Fear

At the first Missionary Conference with the People of Praise this past New Years, I was being attacked more than ever before by the spirit of fear. I kept praying against it on my own and with others, but I couldn't seem to shake it. Finally, a word came forward that shot straight to my heart. I have held tight to that word for the past few months. It keeps me in the right frame of mind, where I know the Father wants me to be. Here's what I wrote as a reflection on it:

I hear Your Voice calling,
I feel Your heart-prodding,
And I wonder
What is this fear?

Never have I known one,
Never has one known me,
Like You.
And yet, what is this fear?

You call out "You are My joy, My love."
Your existence makes me possible.
We yearn for one another, that coexistence.
But, what is this fear?

And so I turn, to open surrender.
Through shaky tears,
Amidst the shadows,
I cast aside all fear.

Any challenge or price,
Any risk or sacrifice,
I stand firm with my Love
And will not choose fear.

And a prayer I wrote a few months ago that still rings true:
No matter what the cost. No matter how hard it is or how uncomfortable it may be. No matter the sacrifice... I have pledged my life to You, my Lord and King, the love of my life. No walls or barriers, whatever You want. No turning back. My life is different now. I see the world through new eyes. I have a lot of work to do and many things to pray about. But, I cannot, will not be afraid. You are my strength. You are my all. You are my Lord, my Shepherd, my Guide, my Master. You are my love... literally. All of the love that I have ever been capable of feeling or showing to others is because of You. Amen!

No comments: