March 13, 2007

Prayer Request

Many of you have gotten e-mails from me over the last couple of weeks regarding my dad's job situation. Very brief synopsis: he's been working in Nevada for the last 3.5 years after being laid off in MN. Great job, bad location. Under the radar from NV, he applied for a Dean's position at a Minneapolis college where he used to be a professor. Read on...

Hot Off the Press!

I just got a call from the Chair of the Search Committee at Minneapolis
Technical and Community College related to the position I interviewed for
last Friday: Dean of Workforce Development.

They interviewed 8 people and have narrowed the field to 3 finalists ... I
am one of the finalist. The follow up interviews with the President and Vice
President of the MCTC will be in a couple of weeks. Since I "serve at the
pleasure" in my existing job ... I'm trying to stay under the radar as long
as possible. The finalists are public information, but they are not
broadcast.

I sincerely appreciate your support and prayers ... I will keep you posted
as we go to the next level.

God bless!
Mick
So, prayers are needed now, more than ever. When I got the e-mail a few minutes ago, I started freaking out. (Just ask Jeremy Osterhouse) :) He likened it to being in a state tournament, now he has to be the best out of the top 3 competitors. God can do this if He wants to though. Lord, I'm handing this over to You even more than before. Hold my family in Your hands and move in power. Bless and guide all of those who are involved in this process. (But, oh Father, You know how badly I want this, how much we need this.) Take it, Lord, and move... Amen!

No comments: