February 18, 2007

My Favorite Places in the World

Some of my favorite places in the world that I have seen thus far (in no particular order):
  • The gardens of the Alhambra in Granada, Espana
  • Allendale, a section of the city of Shreveport, Louisiana
  • The Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness in northern MN
  • Canadian Rocky Mountains (Banff and Jasper National Parks)
  • The rooftop of my piso (apartment) in Toledo, Espana
  • Dorothy Sayre's house in Morris, MN
  • Columbia River Gorge near Portland, OR
  • Anywhere where I can sit and pray in front of the Blessed Sacrament
  • Upstate New York, the Hudson River Valley
  • Quebec City, Quebec
  • Roma & Assisi, Italia
  • My uncle's small farm / acreage in NE Washington state
  • Cinque Terre, Italia (National Park of 5 tiny cities smashed between the mountains and the Mediterranean)
  • Anywhere that I can sing beautiful music with good friends... especially performing with my Concert Choir
  • South Minneapolis, near Lake Harriet
  • The Humanities and Fine Arts Center in Morris, MN (specifically the Choir Room and Ceramics Studio)
  • The branches of People of Praise that I have visited or lived in: Minneapolis & St. Paul, MN; Shreveport, LA; South Bend, IN; Northern Virginia (Washington D.C.); Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (Canada); Colorado Springs, CO; Portland, OR / Vancouver, WA; and New Orleans, LA
  • I would love to visit the other 13 plus our new starts as well!
  • Vatican City, specifically within St. Peter's Cathedral

1 comment:

TJ Ryan said...

hey Karen - i see you got yourself a blog. Taking the internet for Christ!