February 19, 2007

College Culmination

Life is always difficult when things begin to change, and it always brings with it an amount of uncertainty. I am really bad at good-byes. You never know the permanence of things. I realize that it's a part of life and things are not meant to always stay the same. That's the beauty of it, right? But, that doesn't mean that it's always easy. One of the reasons that friendships and relationships change is because of a shift in what is shared: that common ground, environment, those experiences, stories, etc...

That is one reason why I love my life within the People of Praise. I still have to say my good-byes and things are constantly shifting. But, we're doing it together. We're following God's will for our lives both individually and as a body, through discernment and prayer. Our good-byes are never forever because we're constantly being present to one another. I remember thinking about a friend in high school. "I don't know where either of us will end up in the future or how our interactions may change. But as long as I have him in my life as a friend, I will be happy." Now I am blessed to call him my brother! I have met so many amazing people in this life and even if I only see them once every couple of years, we are connected. We share that life.

As I think about the next few months of my life I see uncertainty and yet I am peaceful. I know that He will take care me as He always has. I am excited for this new adventure, wherever it takes me. I am ready for anything. Well, maybe not anything... but with His help I can be! Immediately following graduation from U of M - Morris in May, I am traveling abroad with my choir (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, & Iceland). I look forward to this blessed time of adventure and culmination with these wonderful people the Lord has brought into my life over the past 4 years. Here's a bit of a preview!

No comments: